Friday 31 March 2017

We made a decision...

It's been a busy couple of weeks here. Do I always say that at the start of my posts? Maybe, I am always busy! Lol! Anyway, it has been particularly busy lately and I will fill you in on why that is. So if you read my post a couple of weeks back about when I came back from Ireland after Christmas you would of read how we were trying to make decisions on how long more we are going to stay and what route to take next. When it comes to us, we are the worst decision makers. We can't even decide what to watch on Netflix or what food to order, " I don't mind, whatever you want", so you can imagine what making this BIG decision was like.

We kept putting it off and when people were asking me what I was doing they thought I was keeping it a secret when in fact, I still had no idea what I wanted to do. A few weeks ago the time came to really think and talk about it. Since our visas are up in July we were really running out of time. We looked at all the visa options. To get a one or two year extension on a work visa is very difficult here. You have to basically get your employer to apply for what's called an LMIA, which is essentially trying to prove to the government, that I am irreplaceable in my role in work. Like I know I am irreplaceable  but I dunno does Canada know that yet! Haha! So that option was gone.

The only other option really and the one we went for is Permanent Residency. Yes. As scary as that sounds, permanent residents of Canada. Before I get a text from my sister who will be reading this, no I am not staying here permanently, I promise but yes I am staying a little longer. <insert monkey holding eyes emoji here>. Well that's if we get accepted etc but that is the plan anyway.

We have started the process and by god I am sick shit of it already. It's a long and pricey process but hopefully it'll all be worth it! I am not ready to leave Canada yet. I still have goals I want to achieve and places I want to see. I just don't feel ready to say goodbye to my second home right now.

I will keep you updated on my new visa journey. Wish us luck, we have our English test on Saturday. Yes, we have to do an English Test even though it's our first language. Lets hope we pass. Lol!

This wasn't an easy decision, missing family and friends is definitely the hardest about being away and I do have moments when I think this could be the scariest decision I ever made but you have to take chances in life. You are only young once. While Ireland will always be my home, for now Toronto has stolen my heart!






                         

Talk soon xx
Zita J

No comments:

Post a Comment