Tuesday 22 September 2015

Reality bites!

Hey everyone,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Sorry I didn't write a post last night I was very busy and I'll let you know why? Reality. As we have been enjoying this amazing Toronto summer, enjoying the company of friends and learning all about our new home away from home. Reality has just set in. After paying our first bills and our rent fast approaching, panic over not having jobs is starting to set in. Although it has been great exploring this city and doing new things, bills need to be paid and money is going out not coming in. As I joked before saying I'm jobless but fabulous, I'd also like to not be homeless and fabulous.

So last week, I got my ass in gear and really started applying for jobs and not just browsing the net seeing what would be fun. I have mentioned before I would like to do something different. Maybe stay away from childcare for awhile and try my hand at something new. I applied for two jobs, both in an advertising and marketing company. I have retail and promotional experience so I thought why not apply, go for an interview and see how I get on. I uploaded my resume to a well known recruitment company and within 24hours I got five interviews for jobs. Excited and nervous I accepted two interviews as the other three were a good bit outside Toronto. I bought myself some interview clothes and started preparing.


After researching the job description and the companies. I was sad to learn that the job spec might not be all what it cracked up to be but I went along to the first interview anyway. I was anxious as most people are before interviews while I still felt confident that I would be able to answer what was asked. The interview went well, I feel I answered the questions the best I could and remained my strange quirky self saying things like "ah sure if you can work with children, you can work anywhere" and receiving a rare smile in return. I was then informed what the job entailed. After nearly being sucked in by the perks of becoming manager in a short six months, I learned the job was in fact door to door sales for a charity. I admire anyone who can do this job. It is not easy to approach people asking for a donation and it is for a great cause but frankly it is not the job for me. Last night I received a call to inform me the interview went really well and they wanted to see me again but I declined. I also declined the second interview as it was the same job spec. I was very disappointed and now I am back to square one.


Me if I took the job haha!

Hopefully this week will be a better and I will get more interviews. I'm trying to stay positive because I don't want to be worrying just yet. So I'm going to leave ye now and get back to the job hunting. If only I got paid to write these posts, I'd love it! Cross your fingers and toes for me that I will get something I like soon.

Wish me luck!



Zita J 

xx

1 comment:

  1. Job searching can be so stressful. I remember out of college going to many interviews, only to be turned down or given the run around. At least you got some really great, new interview clothes to show off! That always helps to boost your confidence and hold your head high when you walk into an interview.

    Mariano Flanders @ Andiamo! Group

    ReplyDelete